The university may grant you permission for leave of absence or honorable withdrawal if you are in good standing but do not want to retain your class status.
Students are in good standing if they are not subject to academic probation or disqualification, professional disqualification, or disciplinary disqualification. Please consult with your individual school or program before visiting the Office of the Registrar to complete the required form. We require you to come to the Office of the Registrar in person to complete this form.
If you are on a leave of absence and wish to return to UCSF, once your quarter of return to UCSF is certain, please apply for readmission.
Some veterans may be eligible for special benefits upon readmission:
- The same enrollment status and academic standing in the same program into which they were previously admitted;
- Enrollment Into classes in the next term beginning after the student applies for readmission;
- In the academic year of readmission, the same tuition and fee charges that the student would have been assessed if the student had not left UCSF for military service.
To be eligible for these benefits, veterans must:
- Write on their withdrawal petition that military service is the reason for the leave of absence;
- Not be absent for more than five years;
- Submit a petition for readmission and, upon submitting that petition, provide documentation of military service.