Ordering Transcripts

For orders placed from December 18, 2014, to January 1, 2015, please refer to our holiday processing schedule.

We now accept transcript orders online. Students and recent alumni who have a MyAccess login can order official transcripts online.  Simply log in to the student portal and click the "Transcripts" tab.

Alumni who do not have a MyAccess login but who remember their SAA user ID and PIN should contact the Office of the Registrar at 415-476-8280 for assistance.

The student portal provides an unofficial transcript at no charge.  Click the "Grades" tab for the link.

Online ordering and unofficial transcripts are not yet available for other alumni.  Please submit a Transcript Request Form to order an official transcript.

All students and alumni may order official transcripts in person, by fax, or by mail.  Please download the Transcript Request Form, or you can obtain a form at MU-200W.

We will not release any official transcripts until all holds on your record are cleared. Additionally, transcript orders will not be held for pending grades, grade changes, or degree posting. Please monitor your record in the student portal and submit your request only after your record is up to date.

Please see note for Nursing Special Studies, UC Berkeley Extension, and UC Hastings College of the Law.

If you cannot use the Transcript Request Form, you may send us a letter containing the following information:

  • • Your name when you graduated from UCSF and, if different, your current name
  • • Your current address and phone number
  • • Your program (e.g., Nursing, Pharmacy, Graduate Division)
  • • Your Social Security number
  • • Your date of graduation (if any)
  • Note: When we send your transcript, we will not disclose your Social Security number.
Processing Time

We offer standard processing (normally 5 business days) as well as rush processing (transcript available by 4 PM the next business day). We also offer expedited delivery services. 


Please review our fees.  The total fee for your request will be the sum of the fees for the service, the processing time, and the delivery method.


Please sign your request. Enclose a check, money order, or cashier's check payable to UC Regents for the total fee or provide your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express information on the Transcript Request Form. If you are paying by credit card and do not use the Transcript Request Form, please provide your card number, the expiration date, and the three-digit code from the signature block on the back of the card. For credit card orders only, you may fax your request to 415-476-9690. Please do not send credit card numbers by e-mail.

Submitting Request

You may submit your request by mail or fax or in person.

Transcript & Diploma Unit
UCSF Office of the Registrar
500 Parnassus Ave MU-200W
Box 0244
San Francisco CA 94143-0244


In Person

If you are requesting multiple transcripts — e.g., if you are applying to residency programs — you may submit a single request form with typed self-adhesive labels addressed to the recipients.  If you do not have labels, you may submit a typed list of addresses on one page with three line spaces between each address.

If you have questions, please call 415-476-4356.

Nursing Special Studies

For transcripts from the Post-Masters Special Studies Program in the School of Nursing, please call 415-476-2595.

UC Berkeley Extension

If the transcript request is for UC Extension courses taken in the 1980s and 1990s, please contact UC Berkeley Extension.

UC Hastings College of the Law

Please contact UC Hastings College of the Law for transcripts from Hastings.